Corporate Event Management Case Study:
RICOH Womens British Open
As part of the Well Placed Conference services offered is the booking of group accommodation for events. We are proud to have been awarded the contract for the booking of all the players accommodation during the Ricoh Womens British Open golf championship in Carnoustie in 2011.
Working closely alongside IMG, we successfully met all the needs of high profile sportswomen and delivered a seamless group accommodation booking process.
The brief for the event was to provide quality, affordable group accommodation for the players, caddies and media throughout the tournament and to offer a professional and efficient booking process. The service offered included:
- Selection of a range of hotels close to Carnoustie golf course
- Negotiation and booking of private houses for rent for players
- Negotiation of rates and T&C’s at selected hotels & houses
- Securing allocations of rooms throughout the area
- Production of a bespoke online booking portal specific for the players access
- Dedicated reservations phone lines were established
- All booking administration undertaken for the players with confirmations, payments and special instructions all taken care of
- Provision of onsite support desk throughout the tournament in players lounge
- Handling of all last minute requests, bookings and negotiation of early check out fees
The group accommodation for this high profile event was very successful and the 150 players and their caddies and families were well looked after allowing them to concentrate on the tournament and playing well.
IMG were very happy with the services provided and are quoted as saying the process was a lot smoother than previous years. Well Placed Conference have now started working on securing group accommodation for the 2012 tournament at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club and we look forward to working with all the players again.